1. Real Vs. Not Real Christmas trees- We teased ourselves earlier in asking ourselves if we needed a "not real" Christmas tree. We actually picked out our tree last night and put it in the house this morning to decorate tonight...the smell is WONDERFUL! Every time I walk by it I take in a deep breath. The boys have started to copy me-Ha! If you have never had a real tree it is worth just picking up a little one to put somewhere in your home just for the smell!
2. Traditional Christmas cards Vs. Photo cards- I was taking out all my Christmas cards from Christmas gone by and I noticed all the wonderful and colorful traditional cards. I am crazy about old vintage holiday cards...so why don't I send cards that one day may be appreciated by other generations? I also like the notes that I find written on cards. In our fast paced, often impersonal world it is so meaningful to receive personal notes.
3. White light Vs. Color lights- We have always had big colorful lights on our house. I think it is because of the memories of our childhood...that's what everyone had! Now, there are so many options and the white lights are stunning. After having a family discussion and vote...it was unanimous! BIG COLORFUL LIGHTS!!!
4. I looked over at the K-Man who crawled into our bed this morning to snuggle in with me (My adorable husband was already up with his 1st cup of "coppee") and I noticed K-man smelling the pillow. When I asked what he was doing in snuggled in and said, "smelling Daddy". Oh, the precious moments that need to be savored! Oh, to love like a child!
5. Many of my Christmas gifts have been handmade this year. I have been staying up late listening to Christmas music with large mugs of coffee in hand. AND I HAVE LOVED IT~ There is something special about thinking about the person the whole time you are making the item for them. You think about what they would like, the color, design and so on. I have also sewn all of us Christmas PJs and the boys "cowboy Santa" pillow cases! I have loved every minute- there is something we are missing at Christmas that I think gets revisited when you don't just slide a card, but actually spend TIME on someone else!
6. I have been having some wonderful sleep since I splurged and bought two feathered pillows!(or maybe it has been the late nights crafting- Ha!) Yes, they were on sale and they are worth every penny! Why are our bedrooms always the last to get anything? Well, I'm on a mission to make my bedroom a restful and warm place! It will take some time, but the feather pillows were a HUGE step in the right direction!