- While these scriptures encourage us to "talk" with Wisdom and to be Helpful with our words and to Build each other up- we have a tendency to use our "talk" or words to be harmful and to hurt.
- Ways to NOT talk like a lady:
1. To have a lying tongue (Proverbs 6:16-19)
2. To be a gossip (Luke 18:9-14)
3. To grumble and complain (Philippians 2:14)
- Ways that were presented to avoid harmful talk:
1. Be aware of what you say
2. Pray the scriptures: "May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14
3. Pray often to control your tongue
4. Remember Philippians 4:13- "...I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
5. Fill your heart with goodness and goodness will come out. (Matthew 12:34-35)
As Ladies we can be helpful or harmful with our words. We need to make a choice to speak with words of wisdom, and with the goal of being beneficial to those around us. Speak with helpful words to our husbands, children, families, friends and strangers.
"But I tell you that men will have to give an account for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted and by your words you will be condemned." Matthew 12:36-37