Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Nothing better then a Father and Son reading the Bible together. Yes, I had to take quick pictures not to ruin the moment- But they were too sweet sitting there together!
Monday we started the Blast into God's Word Bible Reading program. This year the summer reading includes Psalm and Proverbs. For every 20 chapters that the kids read (or that are read to them) they get to pick a prize. If at the end of the summer they have read all of Psalm and Proverbs they get a medal and certificate. Last summer, Dive into God's Word (which was all of the New Testament), was so life changing for our family. K. was only 2 years old, but through reading the scriptures every night he learned that the Bible was God's Word and that the Bible is important to our family. He was so adorable walking up to the front to receive his medal (which he still proudly wears around at times- he calls it his dog collar, Ha!) On our own we also sang the books of the Old and New Testaments. At the end of the summer K. was able to sing them both on his own. We were so proud to say the least! This year we are singing the Old and New Testaments, but are also including the Apostle and Creation songs to the mix.
I encourage you to read the Bible to your children. There is no other book that is more important or life changing to read. Reading the Bible to your children will also change your life- speaking from experience.
Proverbs 22:6 "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Monday, May 28, 2007
Here is the formal dining area. The table and chairs make into a bed for more sleeping area. The interior color is hunter green and maroon. The Aggie Maroon is what sold it for Trey (Ha!)
Here is one end of Poppy. Each end has a king bunk. This picture also shows the open floor plan including the kitchen, dining, and living areas. At the other end of Poppy is the shower and potty. That's a whole other post by itself!
Here is the back side of Poppy showing the pull out dining area. This picture also shows the storm clouds that engulfed us later that day!!
We are so excited about Poppy! K thinks it's one BIG play room. Before the boys came along we camped in a two room tent (which was fun too!), but getting Poppy has been in the back of our minds for a long time. We have planned a camping trip to Mineral Wells Sate Park. The park is not too far away so it will help us get our feet wet with Poppy. It should be interesting camping with a 3 year old and a 7 1/2 month old...Let The FUN Begin!!!!
My life goal of having a camper has been met by Dear Poppy! I am also starting on my life goal of camping/visiting each State Park in Texas. WooHoo!!
Friday, May 25, 2007
10 years ago I attended Texas A&M football games and other sporting events from the bleachers with loud cheering fans. Now...I attend them on my couch with a loud cheering husband!
10 years ago I lived in an apartment with a wonderful roommate- Ellen. We would stay up late laughing and talking about the day's events. Ellen was able to clean up and cook for herself. Now...I live in a wonderful house with three adorable roommates. We stay up late trying to get supper cooked, baths given, and and the house cleaned. However, we still laugh and talk about the day's events!
10 years ago I carried a backpack everywhere! If I lost my backpack-I lost everything! It held all I needed for the day. ID, Money, Books, Assignments, Car and Bus Passes, work out clothes...etc.
Now...I carry a diaper bag everywhere. If I were to loose it I would FREAK- OUT! It has diapers, wipes, burp clothes, Destin, change of clothes (for the baby), toys, books, snacks/ juice cup (for the bigger boy), ID, money, cell phone...need I go on!
10 years ago I had my nose in college text books preparing for the next assignment or test. BORING!!!!
My life is very different then it was 10 years ago, but I can honestly say that I would not change a thing. The adventures of the last few years have been sooo much fun! I can hardly wait to see what the next 10 years have to hold! Don't ever forget to live life to the fullest!
Thursday, May 24, 2007
"Pleeease get off your brother, you are bigger then Little Bit!"
" Kannon, I don't want to tell you again to get off your brother!!!!"
"Go Braden Go!!!!!! Get him!!!! You gotta him now!!!!"
You would not believe how many times a day I have to tell the K- man to get off Little Bit! I feel like a broken record. I should just have it recorded and play it back throughout the day, "Get Off of Him!, Get Off of Him!" Boys are something else! I can get on to Kannon over and over throughout the day, but more times then not Braden is smiling and loving every minute of it. They are wrestling already! At 7 months Little Bit is wrestling! I just don't get it! I think I have an interesting road ahead of me-
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
I guess the only way to solve this family dilemma is to wait until the K-man wakes up from his nap and ask him what he thinks! I have a sneaky suspicion I may when this battle!
My adorable husband putting together our "irrigation system" for Gordon. Now I don't have to stand there and water every plant! Thank You, Thank You!!!!
I love banana peppers- Just waiting for the little guys to turn yellow!!! Yummy!
Do you see the little green round thing? That will soon be a Bell Pepper! It is just amazing to watch these little boogers grow! I am such a proud parent!
Ohhhh- the tomatoes are beautiful! We have about 14 on just one plant!!!!!!
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Well, I caught the bug! The peer pressure was killing me! I love to run for the pure joy of it, but I have never pushed my body beyond three miles! So, the last two weeks I have been getting up with the roosters (literally) and taking off on a sun rising adventure. Yeah right! I am having to drag myself out of bed and talk myself through every mile!
I hope this new little goal of mine gets easier with every day! The Houston Marathon is in January and my goal is to be there! Ok, not just be there but run a comfortable 1/2 Marathon. CRAZY you might say...Yes, I would have to agree! But as my adorable husband would say, "You are just stubborn enough to do it!" With those encouraging words I am off to a new world of marathons!
Well, to run good you have to look good, right? So I have my gear:
- Duo Dry Shirts and Shorts (Teal, Coral, and White)
- Duo Dry, No Show socks
- Strawberry Gatorade
- Mizuno Wave Inspire 3 running shoes
- Hot Pink MP3 Player (Thanks Boys)
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch Cliff Bars
And this Little Lady is Off!
Have I forgotten anything? What is your favorite running "gear"?
Monday, May 21, 2007
I started with the kid's bedrooms...done. Then the living room...whew, done! Might I add I am practically doing this all one armed holding Little Bit with the other and K- Man as my shadow (Do I hear a Whoo Hoo!).
Then finally nap time for B and K decides it is much more fun outside in the dirt!!! So I look around...What next? Then there it is the Bathroom!!! It is staring at me..."It's My turn, Little Lady!" Oh, Man I really hate doing bathrooms. AND the kicker is the John! Now that I have two boys (one being three) using the potty, can I say YUCK!!!!! So I buckle down and pull my gloves up to my shoulders and just go for it!
Yeah-DONE. I look at the spotless John... Did it just wink at me? As a walk to put the cleaning stuff away what do I hear... The back door opens and running to the bathroom with sand all over him is K-man! NOOOOOOO...I start to panic. "Where are you going?", "To the Potty?" "You need to Pee Pee?!". Sigh...I guess I can't ask the poor kid to wait all day. So I smile and say, "Remember to flush". Bummer another clean John down the drain!
"It IS Yummy!" said Camo Boy
"Can I have more PLEEEASE!" said Camo Boy.
There is nothing better then banana pudding on a cool spring day or a hot summer afternoon. It is the best thing to share with a friend, enjoy on a picnic or take to a potluck. I don't know anyone that doesn't enjoy a huge helping of banana pudding. It is a comfort food that can just about make anyone smile. There are many reasons to make this wonder food called banana pudding, BUT Camo Boy is why I made it this weekend.
Sunday, May 20, 2007
What a crew! Nothing better then good friends, good family, and good coffee!
Heather is 34 today! Yes, Heather I put it where the whole world could see it! You and your family are so special to me! I decided to honor our friendship and your birthday by writing 34 reasons why I smile when I think of you! These are in no particular order!
- You are a true Servant of God
- You love your husband and children
- You love God with all your heart
- You lock yourself out of your house at least once a month
- You blog and check e-mail at 2 am
- You run a free bus service- to and from sporting events and dance class
- You never say No- Never!
- You cock your head back and open your mouth when you laugh!
- You are always smiling even when it's tough
- You are not afraid to laugh out loud
- You always make others around you feel special
- You will deliver soup and humidifiers to very sick friends on more then one occasion
- You are always ready to cook a roast
- You are not ashamed to wear flip flops with unpainted toe nails
- You sing with your heart
- You put up with your "Type-A" personality friend
- You bite your tongue when someone at the baseball game says "not so nice things" about your baby boy on third!
- You make great jewelry that everyone wants
- Your husband calls you blessed
- You drink coffee with the best of them!
- You laugh at the days to come
- You are always there for ANYONE!
- You feed baked potatoes to babies (HeeHee)
- You give Great hugs
- You show your love for your WHOLE family through action
- You make holding a "shift-worker" family together look easy
- You take one day at a time
- You have paid for your dentist's new home (HeeHee)
- You are always ready for a "girls night out" or an "emergency meeting"
- YOU LOVE PINK and FLAMINGOS
- You can talk or listen to anyone about anything (that includes strangers!)
- You have entered your thirties with grace
- You love life
- YOU ARE MY FRIEND!!!! I am honored you call me friend! Happy Birthday Heather!
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Well, since our move I haven't even watched her once- yes, in over a month I haven't watched one cooking show- Major Paula withdraw!. So, this morning while Trey was outside mowing our large yard (took him a couple of hours!) with K-man on his lap and "little bit" asleep I walked slowly, making sure no one was watching, And I flipped on the TV!!!!! Guess who was on...you guessed right, PAULA ! I started jumping up and down (after making sure again nobody was around). I wanted to squeal, but I just couldn't wake up "little bit"! Ohhhhhhh- she was baking (my favorite) and with A LOT of butter!
I just sat quietly watching every stir the Southern Belle made. I could just taste the bread pudding! The joy of Saturday with a little Paula Deen! Eat well!
Friday, May 18, 2007
Can you believe I am actually growing corn? Me either!!!
We love fried okra. We will have enough for okra every night if we want!
I just tried a new recipe for squash- we are going to need a lot of ways to eat squash!!!
My garden is growing so fast! When we got back from our trip to Houston, I couldn't believe how much the veggies had taken off!!! Along with the veggies were also a large amount of weeds!! So over the last couple of days I have been trying to remove the weeds without hurting the plants. The garden hoe has become my new friend. I wonder if I am even using it right! It won't be long before I will have my first batch of home grown vegetables!!!
I need good vegetable recipes!!! Do you have any?
Thursday, May 17, 2007
K being very selective on the "just perfect" flowers, grass and weeds for his cup.
My perfect bouquet. Now the arrangement will sit on my kitchen counter for weeks- just because it is the most beautiful bouquet I have ever had!
When I looked outside the other day K was in his socks way out in the field. When I walked out there to see what he was doing he explained he was picking flowers (and weeds) ,"for you, cuz I love you". They were the most beautiful weeds I had ever seen! I didn't even make a comment about being in his socks because he was picking the flowers for me!! Who needs a bouquet of flowers (or roses) from a flower shop when you have a little boy that can arrange the most unique and beautiful bouquet of flowers, grass and weeds!
On the bottom left corner is K's signature. I can make out the K, can't you?
The challenge this week was to take a picture or talk about something PINK! Ok- let's just say I had A LOT to choose from with all the flamingo stuff, but as soon as I saw that my Mother's Day card was pink-that was that...challenge met! The front of the card says, "This card is from both of us..." and on the inside, "Think of it as a double dip of love." This Mother's Day was my first one with both of my boys! It is the first time that I had a card that said. "from both of us". I am honored that God has chosen me to raise both Kannon and Braden. It was a very special day for me. Thanks boys for the PINK card!
The game was B. first Astro baseball game. They won just for him... Astros (10)/Diamondbacks (4). The Astros also hit 4 homeruns that night to represent the 4 in our family of course!
K got a Houston Astros Finger! While he wore it he kept saying, "Gig'em Astros!" (We are also Aggies!)
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Mr. Toad giving me his good side for the photography session! Smile Mr. Toad!
K. so excited to see Mr. Toad- He would have held that gross thing if it would not have jumped right out of his little hand.
I am not at all in love with frogs- better yet, BIG TOADS!!! Trey has been telling me that there is a large toad living in and around our pond. That's fine with me as long as the little booger leaves me alone! What is it about toads and boys- they are just plan gross! They are bumpy and have beady eyes!
Well, last night after the boys were all snug in their beds, I noticed Trey doing some kind of dance outside (I had to laugh)! I walked out to see Trey trying to keep the toad out of the pond. When he saw me he told me to "go get Kannon!" So, I practically sprinted into his bedroom to get the sleepy child. I was so excited to show K the gross toad I probably scared the poor guy (You would have thought I saw a flying saucer)! K ran straight for the toad- Me, well I squealed every time it just hopped my direction (Trey and K thought it was great!). The whole time K was trying to touch and pick up that slimy thing I kept yelling- "it's going to pee pee on you!!!"
It took everything I had to get close enough to get a good picture of this HUGE TOAD. I think it was as big as my foot! Ok- maybe half my foot! At one point the toad and I had a stare down before he leaped for me...YIKES!!! He even tried to jump into our house- the nerve of Mr. Toad! Ok, Mr. Toad you can live in my pond and eat my mosquitoes because K really likes you- but you give me my space and I will give you yours!!
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Well, I decided I would keep the list on my blog as a reminder to me to "live life". Now every time I meet a goal I will share my experience. My recent move to my "cozy spot" has allowed me to reach several of my goals and I will share them over time.
Keep checking the list as it has grown and will continue to grow over the years! Remember to always live life to the fullest and give God all the glory!
- Visit Savannah, Georgia *
- Go to the Ladies and Sons restaurant *
- Live in the country*
- Have another baby*
- Go Sailing
- Visit New York
- Have a camper to go camping in*
- Catch up on my scrapbooks
- Visit the Grand Canyon
- Planned visit (not just passing through)to all 50 states in the USA (Georgia*, Missouri*, Massachusetts*)
- See a Broadway show
- Have a home with a fireplace*
- Have a home with a front porch*
- Visit the Holy Lands
- Fly a kite at the beach
- Camp on the Beach
- Visit the White House
- Make a quilt*
- Have a vegetable garden*
- Read all the Janette Oke books
- Watch all the Little House on the Prairie episodes
- Visit Italy
- Get on a Monthly or Weekly mail order "thing" were you get food, candles,books, ect.-anything fun!
- Learn how to can veggies
- Learn how to make and can jellies, jams, and/or preserves*
- Go snow skiing
- Keep an active journal*
- Learn to crochet*
- Have a "good" flower garden and keep a journal of it
- Go on a mission trip
- Make a pie from scratch (and keep the recipe)
- Write down all my families special recipes
- Have a china cabinet to display my/family china*
- Go to a symphony
- learn to play and instrument
- Go to a play*
- Go on a cruise (anywhere)
- Run in a 1/2 Marathon
- Camp or visit all State Parks in Texas
Monday, May 14, 2007
- Thursday- We left to visit our friends in Houston (where we moved from a little more then a month ago). On the way we stopped in Corsicana to visit B and Lanette and their two new precious babies (Colton and Ellie). We also stopped in Spring to look at a camper (which is now ours!). Look for the story later!!!!!! We arrived in Clear Lake at the Sab's House at around 10:30 pm. Can you say, "VERY LONG TRIP!!!" and "FLASH FLOOD!"
- Friday- We all slept as long as the kids let us (HAHA). The day was full of fun things! We took it easy and let the kids play. Heather and I got our eyebrows done (New Woman!) and went to Reid's Ball Game. The team won 11-10 (very exciting game!!!). We all stayed up chatting about life and our kids!
- Saturday- "The girls" went out to eat for Heather's D-day!!! Yes, she will be thirty something on May 20th! I had sooo much fun catching up with everyone and their families! Heather and I got the oil changed in the car (We will do anything just to get out of the house and visit!) and went to visit Kelly H. in the hospital after having baby Aiden! Then our family went to the Astro game and had a blast! We love the Astros! Once we got back to the Sab's, again we stayed up late chatting with "the hubbies".
- Sunday- Mother's Day! I felt blessed all day with great family and friends all around me- AND my two most PERFECT boys!! We went to our "old church" and felt so loved by all of the kind words and excited people to see us! I just tried to soak up all the hugs, smiles, and family stories until our next visit. Heather cooked a wonderful meal and we loaded up and headed back to our "cozy spot" (our home) only after stopping to pick up the camper! We finally arrived at 12:30am. Can you say "VERY LONG TRIP!!!"
Ok -thats the VERY SHORT version of the last couple of days-
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Today is National Chair Day so I thought I would tell you about "My Chair". When we moved into our new house about a month ago there was a little corner by the fireplace that looked like the "just right place" for a cozy chair. We shopped and shopped until we found the perfect fit for me and the corner. It is a leather chair with an ottoman. It is ohhhh so comfy!
Top 10 reasons I love "My Chair":
- It's MY CHAIR
- I can see almost the whole house sitting in the chair
- I fit perfect in it
- The only spot in the living room that has good lighting to read a book or magazine
- It just looks cozy over there
- It has tall arms for me to just sink between
- You can put any color throw or pillow with it and it looks great!
- It has an ottoman that my legs love to rest on at the end of the day
- The ottoman can also double as more seating
- It is the perfect place to watch my family, read the bible, read a good book, journal, think about life, solve all world problems, drink sweet tea, write cards/letters, dream, sleep and just be me!
Did you notice the Pink Flamingo and Pink house flip flops???
Do you have a favorite chair?