Friday, May 25, 2007

The 10 Year Challenge

Holly's challenge for us this week was for us to compare our lives now to what they were like 10 years ago. While there are MANY differences here are a few:
10 years ago I attended Texas A&M football games and other sporting events from the bleachers with loud cheering fans. Now...I attend them on my couch with a loud cheering husband!
10 years ago I lived in an apartment with a wonderful roommate- Ellen. We would stay up late laughing and talking about the day's events. Ellen was able to clean up and cook for herself. Now...I live in a wonderful house with three adorable roommates. We stay up late trying to get supper cooked, baths given, and and the house cleaned. However, we still laugh and talk about the day's events!
10 years ago I carried a backpack everywhere! If I lost my backpack-I lost everything! It held all I needed for the day. ID, Money, Books, Assignments, Car and Bus Passes, work out clothes...etc.
Now...I carry a diaper bag everywhere. If I were to loose it I would FREAK- OUT! It has diapers, wipes, burp clothes, Destin, change of clothes (for the baby), toys, books, snacks/ juice cup (for the bigger boy), ID, money, cell phone...need I go on!
10 years ago I had my nose in college text books preparing for the next assignment or test. BORING!!!!

Now...I have my nose in children's books. It is far from boring watching my children's faces light up with every new adventure! Some of my favorite time spent!

My life is very different then it was 10 years ago, but I can honestly say that I would not change a thing. The adventures of the last few years have been sooo much fun! I can hardly wait to see what the next 10 years have to hold! Don't ever forget to live life to the fullest!

5 comments:

Holly said...

I love how you showed the differences in such a creative way. I liked seeing your college pic too, it's a slightly different Lacie than the one I know. Fun!

Yes, life should be lived to the fullest for sure!

Thanks for sharing!

Mamaof3 said...

I loved your idea too!! :) You're so creative! Isn't life fun now!? We only thought we knew fun before!

Love ya!

Heather's House said...

Love it!! My favorite is the backpack to the diaper bag! HA HA HA!!

Enjoyed our chit chat last night. I miss ya girl!

Lynn said...

I noticed on your 100 things to do you had visit a state park. The most beautiful one in Texas is in Smithville. What are you waiting for? You 'll have your own tour guide? It's called Buescher State Park.

Michelle Alley said...

Great challenge! Thanks for your comments! Hope to see your blog more when we get back from vacation. Have a great weekend.