Monday, February 23, 2009

Walking Like a Lady

Recently, I attended a Ladies Retreat encouraging us to be the "Ladies" God desires for us to be. The weekend was so uplifting and refreshing for me that I want to share some thoughts with you. It also gives me another chance to meditate on the scriptures that were presented. The topics included: Walking Like a Lady, Talking Like a Lady, Sitting Like a Lady, Dressing Like a Lady, Acting like a Lady, Thinking like a Lady, and Worshiping like a Lady.

1. Walking Like a Lady
"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden." Matthew 5:14

  • We are called to walk in the Light and in turn we are able to be the Light in the world.

"Anyone who claims to be in the light, but hates his brother is still in the darkness. Whoever loves his brother lives in the light, and there is nothing in him to make him stumble. But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness: he does not know where he is going because the darkness has blinded him." 1John 2:9-11

"And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love." 2John 1:6

  • We can only walk in the light if we also walk in love
As Ladies...We need to walk in Light and Love.
My hope is to continue sharing these thoughts with you over the next few days.
" Dear Father, I want to walk with you daily. I want to feel and see your light. I want to learn to love as you love so that my path may be clear and straight. I want to walk with you, Father.Amen."

No comments: