I work out of the home on Thursdays and Fridays. To make it easier on my husband getting the boys ready for school, I usually leave the house about 6:3o am. It works like a charm most mornings...However, this past Friday I became a bit distraught about finding a pair of jeans that fit "appropriately" (Ha!) and tossed a basket of clothes into the corner of my room. As I briskly turned around I hit the floor...YEP- I tweaked my back. I couldn't get up...I couldn't move. Do you remember labor contractions? That is what it felt like shooting down my lower back into my legs!! My adorable husband lifted me to my bed as tears filled my eyes. While all this activity is going on 4 little sleepy eyes come strolling into my bedroom. Needless to say, the morning became a Non-typical school morning.
What have I learned from being flat on my back the last several days:
1. I am not a medicine taker...However, I have become a two Motrin every 4-6 hours kinda girl~
2. I understand when my patient's give me an evil look when I tell them," your going to have to work through a little of that pain to get stronger."
3. The ceiling fans HAVE to be cleaned!!
4. There are many new shows on the Food Network and HGTV
5. I need a lap top computer because sitting at the computer is killing me as I type this!
6. I can't stand lying around all day...I have become moody, teary...plain stir-crazy!
7. My adorable husband is very capable...I knew this but I have been reminded.
8. I feel fat!
9. Being in pain is very tiring.
10. Picking up my boys and squeezing them brings me joy- I have missed that
11. Blowing drying my hair, putting on your own shoes, picking up a pot off the stove, reaching the bottom drawers, picking something off the floor, sitting at the dining room table for meals... (need I go on)...are all things I take for granted.
12. I miss Sunday church services when I don't go
14. I feel so left out laying around. Again, I am not a sitter!
13. I have had way too much time to think...HeeHee!
Things are getting better...I am still in a bit of pain and discomfort. I know this will linger for a while, I am just going to have to rest when I can and try to protect my back for a while!!!-BUMMER! FYI...No pair of unattractive pants are worth this!