Saturday, April 14, 2007

Farmers Market

On Thursday I decided it was time to wonder around. There are so many neat things to do and shops to visit!!! While Braden was sleeping and Trey was working- Kannon and I embarked on a fun adventure!!!

We decided to go to the local Farmers Market. There were vegetables, fruits, and flowers! We stared looking around at everything! As soon as Kannon spotted the strawberries it was all over! We purchased a basket full and started eating them right away!! They were very juicy!! We finally had to put them away so Trey could have some too!

I went crazy over the flowers!!! The flowers and plants that were there were grown in the area. At the market they only sell things that will grow easily in the area (which made it easier for me to select the "right " plants for our garden). It was fun to read all the labels and buy plants that I have never tried before! We packed the car up and headed back to our home to start planting!

On the way home we rode with the windows down. It was a beautiful day and I was so excited about our discoveries at the Farmers Market!!
Kannon had fun too. As soon as he walked in the door he shared his strawberries with Trey- then the planting began!!!!

It was a day I will always remember- One of those days where your heart smiles all day long!!!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Ohhh! I'm jealous!! That sounds like so much fun. I've never been to a Farmers Market, but have always wanted to find one. I'm glad ya'll had fun on your "adventure", sounds like a perfect day! Love ya!!

silken said...

great field trip! wish we could have seen this place! guess I better get down to Froberg's soon!