Saturday, July 14, 2007
I started training to run in a 1/2 marathon a bit over a month ago. I did it for several reasons:
1. I have always loved the "my time" running gives me
2. It was a new challenge for me as one of my 100 life goals
3. It was a way to stay connected with friends in "H town"
4. I was dealing with a BIG life change of moving and I wanted something to focus my up and down emotions on
5. I wanted to get back into shape after having my second little one
I have enjoyed the challenge of long distance. While I have more training to go before my first run in November, I have learned a lot about myself:
1. In the words of my adorable husband, I am "just stubborn enough to do it".
2. Waking up before the family and the animals for "quiet time" is a true personal joy.
3. I am so scared of dogs I don't know!
4. I am a bear when I don't get my run time in the morning.
5. I love new challenges. When I reach a new goal (or increased mile)I get so excited!!
Today I reached the eight mile mark! Yes, I am getting there! Living in a Very Small town there are no running groups or established areas for running. So, I have "My Track". The sights and sounds include huge blue skies,wild flowers,big sunrises, cows, horses, hills, jack rabbits, turtles, DOGS, and an occasional car. Today I wanted to share some pictures from "My Track" with you.