Wednesday, August 15, 2007

8 Things About My Marriage

Laurie and Holly tagged me to answer 8 Things About My Marriage...Ready are not!


1. Where did you meet your husband?
Believe it or not we were high school sweethearts- yes, it really does happen! We attended different high schools, but went to the same church. I was a social butterfly and he was the strong, silent type (Ha!)

2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
I don't remember. I know we probably did a lot of small talk. I know when I started realizing I would like to get to know him better was at Thursday night Bible studies. I specifically remember us sharing a Bible and talking about Matthew 6 one night and thinking...he is so cute (Ha!)

3. Where was the first date?
The wonderful guy he is, he talked to my best friend and they came up with a plan. He took me to eat at Tejas and then to watch Corina, Corina. Loved the fried pickles and movie.

When he asked me out, he quietly said..."you want to go to a movie or something sometime?"...I answered as I climbed into my car with my best guy friends, "sure just call me sometime." Door shut. To this day we laugh because it took so much courage for him to ask me out and I was so casual about the whole thing! The joke is also that I kicked off my shoes when I climbed into his truck on our first date and sat "Indian style" in the front sit- I was so relaxed.

4. Where was the first kiss?
I'm not sure how many dates we had before "the kiss", but imagine...6'5 Trey...5'4 Lacie...and braces (Trey). Let's just say it got perfected over the years (Ha!).It makes me laugh (and my heart swell)when Trey tells me he whooped on the way home!

5. Did you have a long or short courtship/ engagement?
We started dating our senor year in high school and continued through college...grand total of 4 years. He went off to A&M one year before I did and we wrote LETTERS to each other! Yes, real letters I still have all of them! We were engaged for a year before the wonderful wedding day around 7 1/2 years ago!

6. Where did we get engaged?
I will try to make this long story short! Trey the wonderful guy he is had planned this wonderful dinner out at a nice restaurant and had planned flowers and yada yada (it was my birthday)...BUT, I was having a breakdown (Ha!) with tests and finals...so he threw it all to the wind and told me to give him one hour. He arrived at my apartment with roses, a birthday cake, pin the tail on the donkey, and the most wonderful birthday present! Babe- it was the most wonderful, thoughtful engagement in the world!

7. How did the wedding and reception go?
Wonderful. Everything went smooth. It was like I had always dreamed. Thanks to my Mom, Dad, and our wonderful friends at Church.

8. How was the honeymoon?
We went to Galveston, Texas...the beach in January! It was my fault I was in the first week of an OT program and just couldn't be gone long! However, it was wonderful to just have the whole place to yourself (not many people on the beach in winter-. We stayed at the Galvez which has a lot of history (I love history stuff!). We had our second honeymoon 2 1/2 years later in Playa Del Carmen...wait we are still honeymooning, right?

Laurie and Holly thanks for the tag it was fun to think back over the past. I have such an adorable husband!

I tag Heather , Maria , Deanna , and Shaka

4 comments:

maria said...

It's so fun looking back to see how you two met and fell in love. I even learned some things about y'all I didn't know. You two are such a wonderful pair and are so great together as a couple and as parents. It was fun reading your post!!

Robyn said...

Yes, it was exciting to see your engagement story and all the little details I didn't know about yall. It brought smiles to my face! I love a good lighthearted chick story!

Holly said...

I loved reading this!! I could just see you jumping in the truck like, "Yeah, call me..whatever..." and Trey just having knocked himself out with gathering his wits to even ask!! Oh MY! Sweet, sweet story for such a perfect pair.

Shaka said...

hey, thanks for the tag. it was fun reading your story. you guys sound like a great couple-still having fun! isn't it funny how comfortable you were with him from the start!? well, i guess i'll get busy with mine.