Tuesday, August 14, 2007

To Run or Not to Run!

I have been training to run a half marathon for about 3 months. I got up to 10 miles on my long run...everything was going great...and then for about two weeks everything slowed town BIG TIME! My adorable husband had a conference out of town and was gone longer then was expected!

So, as I crawled out of bed this morning and donned my running shoes I kept asking myself, is this really a good time for me to do this with two small children, do I really want to get up at the crack of dawn (before the family rises) and then stay up late to get everything done I couldn't during the day, am I loading my plate too full, am I tired from running or from just life in general, am I even training "right", can I really do this by myself????

I didn't even listen to my music for the four mile run this morning because my mind was running too! I just can't decide- I wish I wouldn't have had two weeks to sleep late and get away from the routine. I know I need to start registering for the marathons I have been looking into...Oh what to do!

6 comments:

Shaka said...

doesn't everything come with ups and downs! i'm sure your doing great and if you keep going you'll get past this and feel good about it again! keep going!

Lynn said...

I know that whatever you do it will be the result of alot of thought and prayer. You do owe yourself time to be you. You are a wife, mommy and child of God first. But, you can't be the you that you are without taking time to stay strong and learn who you are through stages of life. Does that make sense? I know what I want to say. Long story short. You are lucky to have family support to take advantage of stuff like this and YES you can do it.

Holly said...

Well, I have no sage advice because the desicion has to be yours. I agree it's so hard to get back into the groove and getting up earlier does wear you out earlier. Then again, you need some Lacie time somehow, someway, doing something that you enjoy.
You still have time to register, and believe me, there are always races to enter. Or not.

I agree with everything Lynn said, especially the fact YES you can do it, if you want to.

Love you--whatever you decide!!

Tip Junkie said...

You should do what's best for you. That's all the advice I have. ;) If it's something you enjoy - go for it.

Mamaof3 said...

I know whatever you do will be right for you and that's just what it has to be...right for you! I know you've been so excited about it though and so probably most of this is just like you said...having two weeks to get away from your routine. You'll be great!

maria said...

I feel like saying 'ditto' to what everyone else is saying. It is hard to get back into something after you've been out of the routine for awhile. You've already run 10 miles so it sounds like the 'half' would be a breeze for you if you do it. However, if you decide not to do it--just the fact that you've run 10 miles, in itself, is pretty awesome! I know you will do what is best for you and your family--with time spent in prayer and meditation over the matter, your decision over whether or not to run might become even clearer. Your friends will support you no matter what your decision is! Love you, Lacie--you're an awesome friend and mother!! Don't let this dilemma get you down!