Thursday, May 3, 2007

Grow Veggies Grow!

Straight Cucumber
zucchini squash
Okra
I didn't want to bore you with pictures of all the veggies, BUT They Are Growing! While I was gone they just took off. I guess the saying is true "a watched pot never boils". Before I left I was walking out there everyday to check- now they are just growing like crazy! I actually have rows!
They are all so cute just shooting out of the ground (I wonder if a veggie has ever been called cute?) I will keep you updated on their progress! Tonight I think I am going to go pull weeds. It is way to hot now. HOWEVER, it is never too hot to go take pictures!

5 comments:

Lynn said...

WOW ! I am so impressed by your green thumb. You are going to have so much fun when the picking begins. You need to start now looking at canning/freezing ideas. Hope you have a freezer because I bet you are going to have a harvest. I enjoy reading of your days......you are so special to me! Also, kudos for the trip to Victoria. Sounds like you might have to do it again and swing through the 'ville and visit me. It would be a good stopping spot. We could get Heather to meet you here! What fun.

silken said...

yum! they look great. way to go!

Anonymous said...

If you can keep Kannon from pullin' them up (like he did the row markers!) You really WILL have accomplished something!!

Heather's House said...

I can taste the squash now!! YUMMY! Oh, and okra sounds great too!

Hope you are recovering from your trip!

everything pink! said...

love the before plant pictures can't wait to see the after!