We made it home earlier this afternoon- talk about a drive!!! I feel like I can almost do anything now that I have driven 6 hours (12 hours total) by myself with a three year old, a six month old and a dog! I feel like I have just accomplished a great life achievement: Why you ask...
- I went a route I have never traveled before
- I went to the bathroom with two kids in very dirty bathrooms
- I only got turned around twice
- K. didn't have any accidents (potty accidents)
- I didn't have have any accidents trying to hand the kids things in the backseat
- I ONLY told K. to leave B. alone one hundred times!
- I only had to stop a total of six times (three times each way-good planning huh?)
- The boys fell asleep at the same time for a total of about an hour
- I never cried (even though the boys got to!)
- I took a picture of the boys sleeping while I was driving (I kept my eyes on the road!!!!)
- AND... I still have my sanity and I am able to laugh about the adventure!
What... There are no certificates, T- shirts or blue ribbons for this achievement?