1. The WHOLE town shuts down to enjoy the parade
2. You can practically back your car up in the street to watch it
3. Everyone knows everyone in the parade
4. You actually talk to the person next to you
6. BOOTS!- You have to wear boots to be in the parade
7. There is EVERY age group of "Ms. Peach Pudd'in" (baby, preschool, school age, teenage, and don't forget Mrs. Senior Peach Pudd'in).
8. The horses steal the show!
9. The horses are ALL throughout the parade not just at then end
10. Everybody who is anybody rides a horse in the parade
12. Tractors replace the Hummers and other "fancy cars" people like to show off in the parade
13. When you wave the participants actually look right at you and wave back... even say Howdy! 14. There are more people in the parade then watching the parade
15. There is only the ONE small town high school band in the parade
17. AND There is NO "pooper scooper" at the end of the parade... animals are free to do whatever they need to do-Ha!
There is just something about the wonderful feeling of watching a small town parade that makes you want to drink lemonade (or sweet tea) and sit on your porch while chatting with you neighbor. How do you know you are at a small town parade?