- Reading books for AR tests every night vs. two times a week
- Math homework two days a week vs none
- Spelling tests on Fridays vs none
- Tardies count vs. a smile and a sweet "hurry up"
- Lockers vs cubbies
- Teacher don't make eye contact with parents vs hug you and the child (not really, but get the point)...ok, a bit harsh. K-man's teacher is very commutative via e-mail.
So, really the homework has been the real adjustment for us and K-man starting first grade. It has been hard encouraging K-man do the homework when he is worn out and "brain fried". He often takes some down time and then spends about 30 minutes with the school work for the night while I'm finishing up supper.