Thursday, January 20, 2011

First Time

There have been a few of things that I have done for the first time over the last couple of weeks...

1. I did a Bible study with someone I didn't know very well. I have done many Bible studies with friends and girls I have things in common with. However, this time was very different. The two of us are different in many ways: she is full blooded Indian, she has experienced prison, her husband is working on his citizenship,...the list could go on. I have met the girl along with her husband and children at church, but I have just smiled and said "Hi"...no real conversation. Well, I decided, when asked, to participate in a Bible study with her.

The study was wonderful (of course it was!!!) and my heart exploded with love for this woman and her "giving it all" to God. She has a a lot to loose deciding to let God be her guide. Her hunger for the Word was so humbling...so humbling!

B-Boy went with me and played with her little boy. Comments he whispered in my ear, "Momma...their house is short; they don't have carpet; where are their closets?; they have only three boxes of toys; I want to keep my coat on...I'm kinda cold; Did their house burn-it looks different." I'm not sure what picture this paints, but the picture is painted on my heart and on B-Boys too.

Though they had little, she was so proud of her home. The mattresses on the floor were made, the house spotless and there was a candle lit. I was humbled by her contentment and the way she took pride in what she did have. Her home was warm and I felt very welcomed.

God was present and working in all of hearts that day. May God continue to bless her richly.


2. Had two families/couples over for supper/lunch in less then 3 weeks! My adorable husband and I desire to have people in our home... To make our home open to everyone in our church family and to build lasting relationships and memories. The later couple that we invited over were an older couple that we respect and we believe are very wise. It was wonderful!...After the meal I was showing them the boys room. As I opened the door there were strings hung from the ceiling fan and things were tied to the bottom of them (including a sword!) flying around the room! I was so relieved that they had raised THREE boys and didn't think I had monkeys for children :)

3. I baked a Chocolate Buttermilk Pie...enough said!

2 comments:

Rochelleht said...

That was a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing. I just finished studying for my lesson on Sunday. John 3-4. Being born again. She sounds like she is on the path to this. What a great example! Just shows all of us can be born of the spirit no matter what or where we come from.

I love it!

blog said...

Office Office 2010 2010 to further improve the person encounter, therefore you get more jobs finished.OneNote 2010 and beyond allows Microsoft Office 2010 Key you to do the job in addition to connect throughout the language buffer.'microsoft' OneNote The new year helps you Microsoft Office 2010 effortlessly store plus talk about information within a spot.Work with OneNote 2010 record manufacturing of word, photographs, audio and video insights, your thoughts, concepts Office 2010 Key in addition to info in no way lamented aspect.